Friday, June 27, 2008

Just a little catching up...

Hello All! Hope everybody's had the chance to start enjoying the summer...we have! The boys love to swim, play outside, dig for worms, catch lightening bugs, and ride bikes even if it's 100 degrees out! Sean and Paulie have transformed into water bugs! Anytime we go anywhere with a pool, lake, etc they want to throw on a bathing suit and jump right in! Paulie gives us the hint by getting that index finger going! Colin on the other hand doesn't happen to be a big fan of the water or going swimming. When we go to my Mom and Dad's he'll get in the pool for a while but somebody's got to be holding him at all times even though he has a life vest on. He is terrified to swim by himself and he always shouts, it's cold! Sean still wears a swim tube that keeps him afloat in the water. My parents' pool is a 4 foot deep pool and he can't touch the ground in it yet. My Mom was trying to suggest him taking it off to learn how to swim without needing a tube on but, he just wanted to play and swim. I was thinking that maybe I should've done swim lessons. But there's always next year, right?! The baby is so funny in the water, he kicks his little legs, keeps his arms going, splashes, and always has a smile on his face while in the pool. He really enjoys his new float we just got him to. His float is a mini wave runner, it has a sun shade on the back to keep the sun out of his eyes and it plays twinkle little star and row your boat. He loves it! He even sat in it when we took it out of the pool. Of course to him the best part is that it plays music. But it's great for us to so that my Mom or I don't have to hold him the whole time.

Today was an exciting day for Colin.....he pooped on the potty for the first time ever today!! I was so proud of him. We've been harping and bribing him to poop on the potty for about a month now. Both of his Mommom's and his GG have been doing the same and have been coming up with different prize ideas to buy him for going on the pot. Sean, my brother Kevin, and I all made a big deal out of him going potty and made it very exciting for him. Which I think he absolutely loved being the center of attention and he could tell how happy I was with him. So Mommom Jurewicz promised another trip to Build A Bear to buy more clothes for his monkey that she bought him a few weeks ago. Mommom Fell i'm sure will come up with a gift idea to praise him, as well as his great grandmother Mommom Mayza. I was so glad that we have now officially started the process. I was getting a little worried being his 3rd birthday is around the corner August 8th. Phew Im glad that now I know it's in him to do it!

Anyways, we've been making a lot of day trips to our parents' houses. The boys have been enjoying themselves very much. They are very lucky to have 2 great sets of grandparents' houses to go to that they have a lot of fun at. At Mommom & Pop Fell's they have been catching lightening bugs, digging for worms, riding in the flintstone cars as I call them haha, playing Sesame Street workshop on the computer and Paulie's been enjoying the little slide. At Mommom and Pop Jurewicz's we swim in the pool, Colin and Paul love going on the swings, Sean and Colin like the trampoline, we do sparklers, and we even roasted marshmallows to. They're kept occupied at both grandparents houses and it's been a lot of fun for all of us. It's just what we need after a long winter of being in the house. Im looking forward to having a great summer with the boys and our families. Soon enough we'll be visiting my grandparents in North Wildwood to hit the beach and the rides on the boardwalk. Sean is very excited to take a little trip!

Also this month was Father's Day, we had a great day. Unfortunately Rich had to work in the morning but he was done by 2:30 which was nice. We spent our afternoon at Mom and Dad Fell's for some lunch, Pop Fell made a couple creek trips with the boys, and we did some outside activities too. Dad Fell mentioned his Father's Day was a great day just by being with his 3 grandsons. Then when our visit came to an end we headed to my Dad's to have dinner with my Dad (Pop J) and my grandfather. We swam in the pool, enjoyed a nice dinner, and did sparklers when it got dark out. The sparklers were a big hit with Sean and Colin they loved doing them. They were so funny with them and they thought it was so cool. But I could tell that my Dad and my Pop were happy to be with us and enjoyed our company on Father's Day. I was happy that all of the very important men in our lives had a great Father's day as well as Rich. Rich just wanted to be with the boys and have a beer in his hand and he was happy lol!

The week after Father's Day Sean, Colin, and Paul got to meet their new cousin Colbie Shea! We visited Moll and Dan, the new baby, and the house. It was so great to visit with our cuddies and their new addition! Mollie is already back to her normal size, lucky girl! I've never seen a Mom look better than she did right after having a baby! :) During our visit we could feel the joy they were experiencing seeing them with their new daughter. The baby was so adorable, her eyes were a beautiful blue and her hair was so blonde! She was so tiny, you really do forget how tiny they really were. I do have to say she reminded me a little of Kam when Kam was a newborn. Colbie has a tiny little face and tiny features just like Kamryn did when she was born, just different coloring and their features aren't exactly alike but they did remind me of each other in some way, both babies are adorable! She was awake most of the time we were there and seemed like a very pleasant baby. Both Colbie and their new house are beautiful! Congrats Mollie and Dan!

Moving on I found out that I most likely got that job that I mentioned in my last post. At Salon Metro. I will find out this week for sure so cross your fingers, pray for me, etc. Whatever it is that you do to wish people luck please do that for me this week! I will be very happy if I get the job I'm very ready to go back to work and start a career that I will love. We'll see what happens, Im hoping for the best. We're also looking to move out of the city now. Our neighbors aren't exactly what we've wished for and Sean's starting school in September and thought it'd be a better idea to get him in a better district without worrying about tuition for catholic school because once Colin and Paulie start chool that will be more than a mortgage in itself. So we figured we'd try and get ourselves where we ultimately want to be anyway. Wish us luck! I'll keep you all posted! I want to congratulate Jessica on graduating from Highschool. Im sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate but we were certainly thinking of you!
That's all for now and hope you are all having a good summer! :)

No comments: